I haven't wrote much or posted much of anything on here lately. I don't know why. Well...maybe I do. I suppose other things took priority. Life is like that some times. Let's just face it.. Life is hard. Things get busy.... crazy.... just plumb stressful. In the midst of all of it I suppose I chose to deal with those things and neglected myself and my passions. There is nothing wrong with dealing with things. However I have discovered there is something terribly wrong with neglecting myself and not pursuing my passions.
I suppose I felt somewhat guilty for taking time to enjoy some things... when everything around me demanded my attention. When things around me were not so enjoyable. When others around me were dealing with pain. Real pain. I suppose I believed the lie that I didn't have the right to do something I enjoyed. When all along it was exactly what I needed to do. It was exactly what I needed and everyone else needed in order for me to deal with life.
You see what I have discovered the hard way is that I need to make time for me. I demand to have time in the morning by myself before everyone else has risen. I find it necessary to wash my face, brush and floss my teeth, brush my hair, and use the restroom by myself. I require time eating breakfast, sitting outside in the rockers, reading the Bible, meditating on certain scriptures, walking with the dog and praying. I need that time to "get myself together".
I also find that I am much more enjoyable if I take time to enjoy life. I love to make things. I desire to learn new things like quilting, knitting, and crocheting. I long to write. I find pleasure in capturing an image in a photo. I love to journal things and remember them later. I find pleasure in completing a scrapbook page. I enjoy feeling good about myself because I bought a new outfit or cut my hair. I love to act in dramas at church. I enjoy teaching people and sharing stories with them from my life. I love to make people laugh. I like birthday cakes, weddings,and baby showers. I like to celebrate.
I am discovering that each day is a day to celebrate. It is another day of life that I am not promised tomorrow. Each day is a gift. I have been given life. I am going to live that life to the fullest. Will I still deal with the demands of being a mother and homemaker? Will I still minister to hurting people? Will I still grieve for those that have pain? The answer is a resounding YES! However I will take time for me.
If I don't take time to fill my own tank then I am only running on fumes. No one wants to see me run on fumes! I can assure you that a fuming me is no joy giver! The only place this old car can take anyone is straight to the gates of you know where. In other words I can make your life a living ----. I am just being brutally honest. Have you ever been in a car that ran out of gas? Right before the tank is empty it give a good shake and then rumbles. Without filling my tank I tend to give others a good shake and blow up! Those of you who are truly honest would admit the same. I choose to be different now.
It's amazing how when one wills to be different God gives them the grace to do so. I find it amusing that my body now wakes up every morning at the same time. I find it comforting to know that God gives me scripture to focus on throughout the day. I find that when I do focus on Him and His word the day is much easier. For everybody.
I feel like I am beginning to ramble now. If you enjoyed reading this I am glad. I will be writing more. I need it. I hope it blesses you too. Until then... Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say rejoice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment