I have had trouble falling asleep at night for at least a month now. My back has been hurting. I've always complained of back pain. Now it is accentuated. This keeps me from getting comfortable in the bed. That is of course in addition to my growing belly. (Hey I've only gained 14 lbs so far. It still makes a difference. Try sleeping with a bowling ball) So I flip and flop trying to find a comfortable position. Then my legs start getting irritated because they should be asleep. So they get restless. Then I am flipping and flopping trying to make them comfortable. It is really getting annoying to go to bed when Grace does and still see 2:00 a.m. and 3:00 a.m every morning without falling asleep.
My usual run for a glass of milk ends up around 2:00 a.m. Somewhere after that between 2:00 a.m.- 4:00 a.m. I finally fall asleep. I'm glad I am not teaching school right now. Thank goodness Grace Ann sleeps until after 9:00 a.m. She literally is my saving Grace when it comes to sleeping in each morning. Too bad there is a beam of light which hits me in the eye every morning because my window blinds don't stretch all across the center of my window. Too bad Adam's alarm wakes me too. Even when he has a day off on Friday I am awakened by the garbage truck. If those things didn't occur I'd really get more sleep. I haven't been blogging as much because I have been trying to take advantage of sleeping during Grace's nap time. Sorry if I have disappointed you.
I've been on the Internet looking for suggestions. I've spoken with my doctor. I've begged Adam for back rubs. I take Tylenol. The doctor even suggested Benadryl. It's like candy for me. It does absolutely nothing. (Except candy makes me fat. A glass of milk each night might do that too) So I have acted out of desperation and bought another maternity belt to wear during the day. I also bought a body pillow.
This thing looks like a giant earthworm. I am sure Adam will be impressed. At this point I really don't care. He sleeps with an earthworm anyway. I flop around like one trying to come out of the earth for air after a good rain. I also feel like the ones who end up in my dog's water bowl.... unsuccessful. So if I must sleep with an earthworm I will do it. At least I will be sleeping. At least I hope I will be sleeping. If I don't soon the rest of the world will hope I will be sleeping too! I'm starting to get ugly in more ways than one! God bless the earthworm!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope you get some sleep soon! I hate it when I can't fall asleep so I'm sure it is more annoying being pregnant! I too have been sleeping during the kids' naptimes lately...glad you can take advantage of that.
I saw your post on my blog about being in the area...feel free to stop by to play anytime...we are always home and would love the company! You can even stop unannounced...we wouldn't mind!
Post a Comment