So much for getting ready for the day. I wanted to get done quickly and get us out of the house. I thought of the quickest way to get us going. I decided to dress Grace Ann first. We'd take our showers later tonight to be ready for church tomorrow. Mistake.
She told me twice that she had already used the potty. I trusted her. Mistake. So I put on her big girl, hard to undo by yourself for a toddler pants. I was excited because at this rate we could be out of the house in fifteen minutes.
I disappeared into my room to get dressed. Mistake. I heard the potty stool being scooted across the floor. I knew instantly what my fate would be if I didn't bound down the hall quickly. (Pregnant women don't do anything quickly. Unless you count sneezing or laughing and automatically peeing on yourself) Too late. There my sweet daughter stood on top of her potty stool trying to tug at her pants while pee pee flowed down her just dressed little body. I yelled, "Stop the pee pee!" Meaningless. Grace looked at me in a panic. The pee was everywhere.
I mean everywhere. It was on her fresh panties, pants, socks and only pair of play shoes. It had flowed down, into, and under the potty stool. There was a nice puddle which had made its way to the wall. We both looked at each other and shrieked , "ahhhhhhhhh"
I scolded her for telling me she had already went potty when it was clear she had not done so. I undressed her, threw her in the bathtub, threw the clothes and shoes in the wash, and cleaned up pee pee. Needless to say about an hour or more later we were ready to go. (Pregnant women don't do anything quickly. Especially if your maiden name is Layne or you're married to a Davis)
It's amazing these things seem to happen when Adam is gone somewhere enjoying himself. Makes me want to rebel! Makes me want to have a cold beer. (Too bad I've never had one and never will. Now I know why people do) Suppose I'll settle for an IBC Root Beer or Bottle of Grape Juice. Hmmph.. are they decaffeinated?
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"AMEN" for wanting to rebel! LOL I totally understand and AGREE! A&W works well for me too! (And I am not pregnant...just pulling my hair out with three 5 and under)
Post a Comment