Melanie in the operation prep. room.... a much different look on her face than we had while waiting on our sweet Grace Ann.
What's this?... Smiling before going into surgery? In a shopping cart chair and food service hat?
Who let him in the room? (Adam does love taking self-portraits)
Now that is a lovely picture. Nothing like having tubes up your nose while someone is operating on you. What's with the smile? I suppose the spinal block worked pretty well.
Adam got to announce, "It's a boy! His name is Isaiah James Davis!" What a sweet moment. I remember thinking how pretty he was.. even if he was a boy.
Checking out our sweet little boy
Melanie getting to hold her son for the 1st time.. priceless
Our newest addition to the family. (Adam was smiling behind the mask)My experience with Isaiah's birth was night and day from mine with Grace Ann. I did not have to go through 23 hours of labor. That made a huge difference in how I felt! I woke up that morning at 4:00 a.m. We arrived at the hospital around 5:45 a.m. In the midst of it all I was not one bit tired! I was all smiles in the operation prep and operation room. I was not nervous at all! I actually had more butterflies about the sex of the baby than the surgery! I talked and joked around with the doctor and nurses while in the operating room. I felt very at ease. The surgery was a piece of cake! It all went so fast! The next thing I knew we had a precious baby boy! I then went to the recovery room until I could wiggle my toes and move my legs. The doctor and nurses were fabulous! I couldn't ask for better care. Infact it was such a great experience I will honestly say I could do it again in a heartbeat. I am so thankful God was with us through it all. It was such a blessing!
1 comment:
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you guys. He looks just darling and you look fabulous! How is Grace Ann with him? How are you feeling? I hear having girls is fun, but I have to say it is great having a little mama's boy. Congrats!
Post a Comment