Saturday, August 9, 2008

Isaiah's name... where did we get it?

Isaiah James Davis.. in his bouncer seat

Lindy and Isaiah James Stonecipher.. our dear friends in Texas


Many of you may have wondered where we came up with the name Isaiah James. Well most of you know it is a book of the Bible written by a major prophet named Isaiah. Isaiah means God is salvation... or some say God is my helper. If one reads the book of Isaiah they will see how God takes His people who have been disobedient and turns their hearts back to him. It is a book about brokenness and restoration. (Beth Moore refers heavily to it in her one of her studies.. Breaking Free )

However, we never considered it for a name until we met our friend and fellow staff member at Normandale Baptist, Isaiah Stonecipher. Isaiah and his wife Lindy came to serve at our last church when Grace Ann was just a few weeks old. Isaiah is the children's minister there. In fact the 1st Sunday they visited the church was Grace Ann's 1st Sunday at church too! Adam and I wanted to take them under our wing and welcome them to Fort Worth. They adored Grace Ann and liked us a little bit too. We got used to saying the name Isaiah after hanging out with them and began to like it! We did not remember Isaiah's middle name. We did like James for a middle name because it flowed well and was also Adam's grandfather's name. We called Isaiah a few days after we got home and told him our good news. Guess what... His middle name is James too! Isaiah and Lindy thought it was neat that Isaiah had a little namesake. How funny! Isaiah is being ordained at Normandale tomorrow. We are very proud to have our son named after a prophet and book of the Bible as well as a dear friend who loves the Lord and is precious example to others! Our son has a lot to live up to!

2 comments:

Sissy said...

How precious are your children Grace is so big I cant believe how she has changed since I saw her last. Isaiah is a litttle doll and I am so proud you name him that I couldn't be prouder of my son-in-law Isaiah. God has truly bless Lindy with a man who loves the Lord as much as he does. I consider myself blessed to have met your family. Eileen Patchett Lindy's mom

Sissy said...

How precious are your children Grace is so big I cant believe how she has changed since I saw her last. Isaiah is a litttle doll and I am so proud you name him that I couldn't be prouder of my son-in-law Isaiah. God has truly bless Lindy with a man who loves the Lord as much as he does. I consider myself blessed to have met your family. Eileen Patchett Lindy's mom