Isaiah chilling in his baby bed
Isaiah "chilling" in his bathtub. (His 1st bath at home)
Melanie and Isaiah after his 1st bath
Many of you have been wondering how the Davis household is managing with a new little one in tow. We are doing absolutely fabulous! Thanks to the blessings of a wonderful doctor, nurses, hospital, church, family and friends. We have been so blessed to receive the services of all those people who love us and love the Lord. My doctor is a wonderful Christian man. (His son actually went to Union, was an education major and roomed above Adam) Our family has been there to help with the house, entertain and care for Grace Ann, run errands, and provide meals. Our church has come through with lots of meals and sweet cards and gifts. We have had food floating out our ears! The kids doctor is a member of our church. We have also benefited from the services of a lactation consultant who is a member of our church. We have been blessed beyond measure. I have felt in the prayers and acts of service of so many people who love the Lord and love us!
My surgery and recovery have been a breeze! It has been such a blessing to feel well. I have only had to focus on taking care of this baby, Grace Ann (not so much as before) and myself. It has been good to have family and friends who have spent time playing and entertaining my sweet Grace Ann! I am much more laid back than I ever thought I would be right now. Only a few moment have occurred when I have felt stressed and tears have welled up in my eyes. (Those times when both children need your attention and there is only one of you) However, I have gotten over it quickly and gotten back to business. It is great to not be depressed or feel crappy physically. Others have even said I look great. (That was even without makeup or a shower.. go figure) We have lost some sleep. Yet it is nothing like the insomnia I had before Isaiah arrived. At least now I can go to sleep when my head hits the pillow. Even if I don't get to stay asleep all night it doesn't seem to rattle me like it did before.
I am telling you God is good! All the fears I had before Isaiah arrived about how I would deal with things after he came have not come to fruition. Only God's truth has prevailed. Isaiah is a precious baby! He is an easy baby just like my Grace Ann. They act and look alike. He truly only cries when he is hungry or wants to be held. We are proud he is here. We are proud we are here too. It truly has been a blessing to have come here to Tennessee to this church and our family. We have seen the benefits of both. (And to think of all the mumbling and complaining I have done when things were stressful. God did have something in it for me too. Good things come to those who wait!) We thank God for our blessings! God is so good. He's so good to me!
2 comments:
Melanie, you look great and I am so happy that you and baby are doing so well. Grace Ann is all smiles when we see her in the hallways at church! Christie
Hooray, Aunt Christy has been waiting for new pictures! I can't wait to hold this precious little one again soon! What a sweet boy and a sweet big sister!
We love you guys! Hope to see you soon!
Christy
Post a Comment