Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time with the Davis family,..Labor Day weekend August 29- Sept. 1, 2008

Aunt Ashley got her hands on Isaiah first this time.
Alex was anxious to hold and give Isaiah a bottle. She did a great job!
Aunt Mela got to cuddle with the little boy too.
Aunt Julie met Isaiah for the first time this weekend.
Alex took a nice picture of Uncle Matthew with Claire.
Will is the baby whisperer...he got Isaiah to fall asleep. (I need him today!)
Sweet sleeping baby
Sophie and Grace Ann hit it off this weekend. They really enjoyed spending time together. Especially in the bathroom! I referred to Hannah, Sophie, and Grace Ann as the pee pee posse. Must be a girl thing!
Grace Ann, Alex, and Sophie hanging out upstairs. Don't they look cute!

We had a baby shower for Julie, Johnny, and Jack on Saturday morning. They got a lot of neat things for baby Jack!
Adam's cousin, Nicole, got to meet and hold Isaiah.
Nicole's daughter, Abby, got to enjoy him too.
Adam's Uncle Phil and Aunt Sue put a swimming pool in their backyard this summer. They invited us all over for a swim and dinner on Saturday afternoon. We had a great time! However, Isaiah and I did not get in the pool.
Adam, Grace, Alex, and Uncle Phil
Poppy managed to get Isaiah away from all those women!


On Labor Day weekend the Davis family has a get together. That means 24 people all under one roof. A third of them under the age three and under. Whew! The boys always tend to schedule their fantasy football draft during this time. We were also getting to meet baby Jack for the first time and have a baby shower for him. Uncle Phil even invited us over for dinner and a swim in his new pool. Adam was absolutely thrilled with being able to relax with them.

Sleeping arrangements are always interesting. I stayed one evening at our house with Isaiah. We spent the night on Saturday at our house due to church on Sunday. This was good because Grace Ann was up terribly late the evening before and missed her nap that day. We were exhausted! The next evening we stayed at Andrew and Ashley's apartment. That was another evening where Grace did not sleep. She had me up until after 2:30 a.m. (Well I did play a part in it by talking to Ashley all night. Yet there is nothing like wiping a toddler's poopy bottom at 2:00 a.m.) Then Isaiah and Grace were up early the next morning. By the end of the weekend I was feeling the stress. Lack of sleep and hormones did me in! (It could have caused me to do some others in if I didn't pray before hand..hee hee) Nevertheless it was a joy to see our precious family! I am so glad we get the opportunity to spend time with them. The joy on Adam and Grace Ann's faces is priceless.

No comments: