Monday, July 14, 2008

Baby/Mama update

Well things seem to be progressing okay with the baby. My doctor was pleased once again today. I gained two lbs this week. So I have a grand total of 24. Maybe by next week I will have gained another to complete the recommended 25-35 lbs. you're supposed to gain. (Why am I even concerned about gaining weight?) A week from today we will get to hold our little one. At least that is the latest we will get to hold them. It is nice to have a date in mind. It is quite settling knowing it can't be any later than Monday. The only unsettling thing is how different things will be at this hospital than Ft. Worth. (Well actually I do find myself being unsettled about other things. I am trying not to think about them)

I have fallen asleep before the sunrise for the last two nights this week. That has been without the aid of medicine. Suppose that advice from the guy at church who works for the Middle Tennessee sleep center might be working. I even made it to Sunday School and church this week. My prayer is that I will rest well the remainder of this week so I can enjoy my time with my family before our new arrival. I don't want to be anxious about the surgery, being away from my Grace Ann, recovery, and adjusting to a new baby. I find myself struggling with that at times especially as we draw closer to everything. I even mourn it just being the three of us. (I've heard that is a normal thing) I want peace about everything. I want to trust God instead of "my plans". I am a planner. Being in control gives me security. I pray I find my security in the fact that God is sovereign. He is in control of everything. His plans are perfect. Not mine. I ask that you pray the same. I know some of you have been praying diligently for me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'll continue to keep things updated on the blog even after I am in the hospital. Thanks for loving me enough to keep checking this thing out. We are excited to continue to share our blessings with you!

Mel

No comments: