Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I have lost my mind (July 15)

With a face like that who could resist anything?
One of the geese who hung around our table at the snack place.
Some nice man took our picture after seeing me struggle to take a self-portrait. (Today I struggled to do a lot of things) This is just one of the MANY times I had to sit down for a while.
Grace thought this would be a good picture. Is she imitating me?
We even took time today to stop and smell the flowers.

Okay, I get a little bit of sleep and I still manage to lose my ever-loving mind. Today I felt so much better I decided it would be a good day to take my precious daughter to the zoo. Here I am six days away from having this baby and I think it is a good idea to go by myself with her to the zoo. Not to mention it was extremely hot and humid. I thought I would die. Let's just say I sat down A LOT. I also moved very SLOWLY. Ice Cream for lunch never made such good sense or me feel so much better. We spent about 4 hours there together. I just suppose I was so anxious to do something with my baby girl after being cooped up for so long. Plus knowing that the time is approaching when life will be different for all of us just spurred me on to get up and go. Or maybe it was her sweet little face and big brown eyes pleading with me to go see the animals and ride the carousel for the past several days that finally won me over. I have always said I would go through fire for her. Today I think I did. Nevertheless it was a joy to see her having a good time despite my level of extreme uncomfortability. (Is that a word?.... It is now) I am hoping all that will result in another good night of sleep. (Which means falling asleep before the sunrise without waking up several times hopelessly trying to fall back asleep)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Praying for you as the big day approaches. I have been through three c-sections myself. I begged people to pray for me, b/c as time approached, I got more and more nervous. (not trying to make you nervous at all...just letting you know I will be praying for you this next week plus a few weeks!)
Ginger (Spence's wife)