Monday, June 2, 2008

Okay, so I didn't fall asleep until after 5:00 a.m. this morning. Not a good night of rest I must say. I was quite frustrated. Grace Ann had swim lessons this morning at 11:00 a.m. I thought she would wake me up around 9:00 a.m. when she woke up. Well let's just say I woke up at 10:40 feeling a little hysterical. Grace Ann had decided to sleep in too! Normally this would be a mom's dream. Today it was my nightmare.

Imagine me scooping her out of the bed and plopping her little body on the toilet. All the meanwhile I was frantically trying to put on my swimsuit, brush my teeth, and put my contacts in my eyes. Then of course I had to get her dressed. Neither one of us had time to brush our hair. Did I mention we had to drive to the pool? Did I mention I had never been there before today?

Well we managed to get there just as things started. It was a beautiful pool. Made me really want one.... TODAY. It was so hot out I even took a cold shower when I got home. I feel much better now. Oh yea.. I brushed my hair too.

My nephew, Nic, who has been living with us here since we moved in is moving his things out today. He has found an open room at a rent house with two people he doesn't know. Makes me a little nervous for him. He seems okay with it. I just pray for the best. His leaving is bittersweet. He has been no problem at all living here with us. Infact he lived with us at Gran and Papa's house too. I think it will be a little weird without him. However, we are excited and a little relieved to start getting the nursery ready for the new baby. We may even do a little work on organizing the attic. We may even actually hang some pictures on the wall after we find them up there.

I go for my 2nd ultrasound on Thursday. My doctor usually only does one ultrasound. At my first one they noticed some scar tissue from my previous c-section. In layman terms he said they were checking to see if the baby was tangled in the tissue like a spider gets tangled in a web. That is hard for me to imagine since this little one keeps me up at night doing gymnastics in my belly. I have never had an ultrasound this late in my pregnancy. (I'll be around 33 weeks then) I am excited. I may even take Grace Ann along this time so she can see the baby on the t.v. Hee Hee. For those of you that are wondering... no we are still not finding out what we are having! It will be a surprise!

This month looks pretty busy for us with all the fun preparations for baby and celebrations. Grace has swim lessons for the 1st two weeks in June. (Did I mention I want a pool?) We have a baby shower for my niece on June 8th. We'll kick it off by making a visit to the hospital with Grace Ann for a Big Sister class, tour, and drop off our paper work. We'll have Father's day to celebrate with Adam. My baby shower is on the 21st. Vacation Bible School starts up the week after Grace's swim lessons end. Her birthday is also during that week on the 25th. We'll have her birthday that weekend. Lots of things to plan and do. Not to mention all the babies that will be arriving shortly after in July. All that to say.. if I slow up on the blogging.. you'll know why.

No comments: